The Township of Puslinch is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to fill the permanent, full-time position of Legislative Assistant. Reporting to the Deputy Clerk, the Legislative Assistant is responsible for providing legislative and administrative support, including support for the Fire Department and Public Works and Parks Departments. The Legislative Assistant is responsible for the application of the Township’s Zoning By-law and responds to compliance letter requests. Assists with the implementation and maintenance of the Township’s Records Management Program. Distributes and processes incoming mail including management of the Township’s general email accounts and responds to general counter and phone inquiries.
- Prepare mailing lists for the various planning applications using GIS software.
- Prepare all planning related notices and send notices in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Assembly and disbursement of the PDAC agenda within required timeframes on behalf of the Secretary Treasurer.
- Administer the Township’s zoning by-law and respond to inquiries including MDS calculations and confirm applications meet the requirements of a Nutrient Management Strategy.
- Performs the zoning review for all building permit applications.
- Process and sign responses to inquiries about the status of zoning, building, heritage, subdivision and site plan compliance letter requests.
- Facilitate GIS mapping for Active Development Applications on the website Townships website.
- File and catalogue reference and registered plans.
- Process all online payments on behalf of the Clerks department, Fire department, and Public Works department when required.
- Provide administrative support to the various departments (Administration, Clerks, By-law, Fire and Public Works & Parks) including preparation of correspondence and collection and entering of data into the applicable Township software programs.
- Provide the Fire Prevention Officer with Compliance letter requests.
- Monitor and track small water drinking system invoices and reports and prepare information necessary for the annual reporting.
- Assist the Director of Public Works with the preparation, maintenance and tracking required for the Water Audit.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual on call schedule for Public Works.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual water testing schedules for each Township facility.
- Assist with the preparation of the data sheet for the annual CVOR renewal, process the application and payment.
- Liaise with internal staff to classify records and establish files including property files and plans.
- Enter pertinent file classification information into the Township’s database of records.
- Respond to general inquiries at the Township’s counter and over the phone.
- Distribute and process incoming mail including management of the Township’s general email accounts (admin, planning & roads).
- Prepare and send registered mail on behalf of the various departments including the tracking of all registered mail.
- Carries out responsibilities of Division Registrar for the purpose of registering deaths.
- Assists with the Municipal Election.
- Maintains and updates the Township’s Emergency Response Plan and is a scribe for the Emergency Response Plan Committee.
- Develop and maintain job related procedures.
- Perform additional duties and special projects as required.
- Be responsible to work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, the Township of Puslinch Occupational Health, Safety and Workplace Violence Policy and Procedures, as well as established industry guidelines.
- Community college diploma in Office Administration or related field.
- Minimum 3 years related experience in office administration and in customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and database applications.
This position offers a comprehensive benefit package and an annual salary range of $59,823.40 to $69,979.00.
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 29, 2023.
ATTENTION: HR Department, Township of Puslinch, 7404 Wellington Road 34, Puslinch ON N0B 2J0. E: email@example.com or F: (519) 763-5846. Please respond by one method of application only. No phone calls please. Personal information in relation to the recruitment and hiring process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The Township is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodation for disabilities is available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance. If you require an accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need an accessible format, please email email@example.com or call (519) 763-1226 ext. 230. If you are contacted regarding this position, please advise of any accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.