Winter Control Equipment Operator (Seasonal)
The Township of Puslinch is seeking an experienced individual to operate equipment and perform a variety of duties associated with winter road maintenance in the seasonal (temporary) position of Winter Control Equipment Operator in the Public Works Department. This position will be expected to perform a variety of duties related to the operation and maintenance of the Township roads infrastructure. This position will appeal to individuals who enjoy working outdoors in maintenance and construction activities, and those with experience working in Municipal public works operations.
- Secondary School Diploma
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours due to emergency situations.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License Class “D” with a “Z” endorsement, with five (5) years’ driving experience, and a clean driving abstract from the Ministry of Transportation (to be supplied prior to start date).
- Experience in operating and maintaining heavy equipment.
- First Aid/CPR certification considered an asset.
- Chainsaw certification considered an asset.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a similar environment, specifically in the operation of a front plow and wing for winter road maintenance.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
This seasonal position offers an hourly wage of $27.24 – $31.86 [2023 rates], based on a 40-hour work week. Hours of work are 7:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, or 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Saturday to Wednesday, depending on shift position. Overtime may be a requirement of this position. This position is expected to work from November 2023 to March 2024.
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 12, 2023.
ATTENTION: HR Department, Township of Puslinch, 7404 Wellington Road 34, Puslinch ON N0B 2J0. E: email@example.com or F: (519) 763-5846. Please respond by one method of application only. No phone calls please. Personal information in relation to the recruitment and hiring process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The Township is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodation for disabilities is available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance. If you require an accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.