The Township of Puslinch Zoning By-law governs the way land in the Township is used in the following ways:
- How land may be used;
- Where buildings and other structures can be located;
- The types of buildings that are permitted and how they may be used;
- The lot size and dimensions, lot coverage, building height, and setbacks; and
- Shoreline buffer areas, landscaping areas, planting strips, parking requirements.
In the Township of Puslinch, our Building Officials:
- Answer zoning inquiries;
- Ensure that building permit applications comply with current zoning regulations;
- Enforce the Township’s building and property standards by-laws; and
- Review and approve building permits.
Zoning By-Law Amendment Application
If a proposed use is not permitted in the zone for a property, or if the standards of that zone can’t be met by a proposed development, an application for a Zoning By-Law Amendment may be needed to change or amend the existing zoning. A Zoning By-Law Amendment is a By-Law passed by the Township.
A site plan approval application is required for commercial, industrial, and institutional proposals to: construct a new building or structure, construct an addition to an existing building or structure, and undertake major siteworks. The site plan control by-law was passed by the Township for site plan approvals.