The Township of Puslinch prides itself in honouring the past, living in the moment, and building for the future.
Through their strategic vision and collaborative approach, our new CAO/Clerk will promote this brand and have a positive impact on every level of municipal governance. Their presence will provide Council members with a motivated ally, the community with an engaged listener and staff with an energizing leader.
Nestled in the heart of Southern Ontario’s innovation hub, the Township of Puslinch effortlessly balances laidback country living with big-city convenience. Our prime location between the cities of Guelph, Milton, Hamilton and Cambridge, means that we have the best of both worlds. While we value the opportunities that come with being in close proximity to dynamic urban centres, its our community’s picturesque natural landscapes, rich heritage and compassionate neighbours that make it a place we’re proud to call home.
Chief AdministrativeOfficer/Clerk Scope:
The successful candidate will be accountable for the overall administrative management of the organization, provide advice on policy to Council and ensure effective and efficient management of the Corporation. With the assistance of the Deputy Clerk, will be responsible for the statutory duties contained in the Municipal Act and other applicable legislation.
The Qualities That Set You Apart:
- You identify as a solid, strategic visionary
- You have a strong base of knowledge relating to municipal matters
- You are energetic, confident and a self-starter. You adapt well to changing systems, conditions and priorities.
- You are a creative and innovative problem solver. You thrive in an environment that often challenges you to “do more with less”.
- You are a highly ethical person with a good moral compass.
- You are pragmatic. You know how to delegate responsibility and hold individuals accountable for their results and performance.
- Your leadership style can be described as approachable, positive, enthusiastic and empathetic.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and you are capable of relating effectively to a diverse range of people, personalities and styles.
- Though you are quick to offer thoughtful solutions, you recognize the value of different perspectives and seek out constructive feedback.
The Township of Puslinch values the individuals that make up our municipal team. We understand that positive outcomes for our community are a reflection of the positive experiences ofour staff members. As such, opportunities for personal and professional growth are widely available and take on many forms.
If the role of Chief Administrative Officer/Clerk sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
To explore this opportunity further, please forward applications, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submission is October 25th, 2019
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used or employment assessment purposes only.