The purpose of this program is to recognize and honour volunteers who demonstrate generosity of time and spirit by achieving outstanding results as a volunteer, inspiring others to service or making an extraordinary contribution to a community benefit organization or by championing an issue.
The Township of Puslinch wishes to recognize the accomplishments of community volunteers. One individual or group will be selected and recognized with an award. Awards will be presented by Township Council at a future Council meeting. Nominators can be peers, colleagues, supervisors or organizations that benefit from the contributions of the nominee.
Volunteer Appreciation Award Nominations are closed for 2023.
Thank you to all those who submitted nominations!
To nominate a candidate, the following must be completed:
- Nomination Application with Statement of Nomination and short biography of Nominee
- Statement of Nomination, answering all the questions listed under Nomination Criteria (maximum of 2 pages)
- Short biography of the Nominee (maximum of 250 words)
- Describe the nominee’s volunteer work and their motivation or reasons for volunteering.
- What impact has the nominee’s volunteer work had on the community or neighbourhood? How does this inspire others?
- How many volunteer hours has the nominee contributed per year? How long have they volunteered with an organization(s)? What else do they balance in their life (work, school, family)?
- Any other additional information about the volunteer that you would like to have profiled.
Rules and Regulations
- Decisions made by the Township of Puslinch are final.
- One individual or group is chosen from the Township of Puslinch.
- The recipient is chosen based on predetermined selection criteria.
- All submissions will become the property of the Township of Puslinch and will not be returned to the nominator.
- Each nomination must have: a completed Nomination Cover Sheet (included with this package) and the answers to the Nomination Criteria questions completed. Failure to include the Cover Sheet will result in disqualification.
- Nominations can be no longer than 3 pages in length, excluding the Nomination Cover Sheet. (2 pages for Statement of Nomination, 1 page for biography) preferably in PDF format.
- All nominations found to be incomplete or late will be disqualified.
Volunteer Appreciation Nominations for 2023 are now closed.
Honouring Past Winners
The Township of Puslinch Council launched the Volunteer Appreciation program in 2014.
Prior to 2014 Centre of Guelph/Wellington worked with County staff to coordinate this award program. The past recipients of the award can be found below.
|2013||Township volunteer not the recipient|
|2012||Township volunteer not the recipient|
The Township of Puslinch is committed to providing accessible formats and communication supports for people with a disability. If another format would work better for you, please contact the Township Clerk’s office for assistance.