Emergency Services

While the Township of Puslinch oversees the management of Fire and Rescue services, many emergency services in the area (such as ambulance and police services) are managed by Wellington County, or other levels of government. The Utilities and Services page offers a complete list of the services provided by other municipalities. Some basic information about these services can be found below. 

When to Call 911

Police services in the Township of Puslinch are conducted by the County of Wellington OPP, Rockwood detachment. Should someone’s health, immediate safety or property be threatened, call 911. When calling 911, be specific about what services(s) you need, ie: Police, Fire and/or Ambulance.

Non-Emergency Police Services

Crime Stoppers

Should you be witness to, or have information about a crime, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477; callers have the option to remain anonymous. 

CrimeStoppers Guelph Wellington Newsletters

Public Access Defibrillators

Automated external defibrillators (AEDs) are available in our Township Office Building, the Puslinch Community Centre and the Optimist Recreation Centre. They are also available in all municipal buildings in Wellington County. An AED provides simple audio and visual commands for anyone to use.

More information about AEDs can be found on the County of Wellington website

Community Emergency Protocol

Local municipalities are usually the first level of government to respond to a community emergency. However, many emergencies happen suddenly and without warning and it takes time to activate response efforts.

When an emergency happens, the Township will provide notice on the Township website and by posting notice on the front doors of the Puslinch Community Centre.

Warming/Cooling centres

In the event of an emergency, the Township’s Warming or Cooling Centre location is the Puslinch Community Centre located at 23 Brock Road South, Puslinch, ON N0B 2J0.

Documents on this Page