Rules and Procedures Relating to Delegations
In accordance with the Procedural By-law 2022-046, I (we) understand that:
1) any presenter(s) under the age of 18 must provide the Clerk with written permission from the individual's parent or guardian.
2) a copy of the completed Delegation Request Form and any supporting material will be made available to the public and included in the meeting agenda package. I understand that the Township will redact my address, phone number and email address when making the completed form public.
3) delegations are limited to 10 minutes.
4) no delegation shall be made to Council or Committee on matters relating to litigation or potential litigation, including those matters which are before and under the jurisdiction of any court or administrative tribunals unless such matter is referred to Council by the said administrative tribunal or court.
5) delegations shall refrain from repeating information on the same matter presented by other delegates.
6) no delegation shall speak on a matter that is not within the jurisdiction of the Council or Committee.
7) no delegation shall be made to a Notice of Motion on a Council or Committee Agenda. Delegations will have an opportunity to speak at a subsequent meeting when the item will be discussed.
8) no delegation shall be permitted to speak on a Notice of Motion to reconsider.
9) delegations shall not be permitted to appear before Council or Committee for the sole purpose of generating publicity for an event.
10) a delegate shall only be permitted to speak on behalf of another person, agency, group or corporation where written authorization from the person, agency, group or corporation has been submitted to the Clerk in advance of the Council or Committee meeting.
11) if the delegation is unable to attend the meeting for which the delegation has been requested that a written submission may be provided to the Clerk.
12) if a delegation has been made on a matter and a decision has been made by Council, the delegation cannot be heard again unless there is new information being presented.
13) delegation requests must be received by 12:00 noon on the business day prior to the Council/Committee meeting.