The Township of Puslinch is requesting that property owners complete the form below in order to develop a list of property owners who are interested in having their property included in the Register with Designated Status.
Purpose of Heritage Designation
Heritage property designation serves to:
- Recognize the importance of properties with cultural heritage value or interest;
- Identify and protect properties with cultural heritage value or interest;
- Encourage good stewardship and conservation; and,
- Promote knowledge and understanding about properties and their impact on the community.
Designation under the Ontario Heritage Act applies to real property, and helps to recognize and protect the heritage features on that property.
Designation not only publicly recognizes and promotes awareness of heritage properties, it also provides a process for ensuring that changes to a heritage property are appropriately managed and that these changes respect the property’s heritage value. This includes protection from demolition.
More information on the Ontario Heritage Act can be found at the link below:
Heritage Designation Process
There are five key steps to designating an individual property under Ontario Heritage Act. These include:
- Identifying the property as a candidate for designation;
- Researching and evaluating the property;
- Serving Notice of Intention to Designate, with an opportunity for objection;
- Passing and registering the designation bylaw;
- Listing the property on the municipal register.
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and is maintained in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Questions regarding the collection of this information may be directed to the Township Clerk’s office.
The Township of Puslinch is committed to providing accessible formats and communication supports for people with a disability. If another format would work better for you, please contact the Township Clerk’s office for assistance.