The responsibilities of the Recreation Advisory Committee include:
- Acting as an advisory committee to Council on issues that affect all recreation facilities, parks, playing fields, playgrounds, programs, and the Puslinch Community Centre (including policy and fee schedules).
- Receiving and reviewing the operating and capital budget.
- Review practices and policies identified by staff and Council and make recommendations to improve the delivery of services to the public.
- Encouraging and assisting, where necessary, programs of recreation to meet the needs and interests of the community.
- Reviewing revenue and expense reports.
- The Committee shall be composed of 1 Councillor and 4 members of the public.
- A member’s term on the committee shall be concurrent with the Term of Council or until a successor is appointed.
- The Committee meets 6 times annually on the third Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m., or another time mutually agreed upon by the Committee, and as many additional times as the Committee deems necessary.
- The Committee shall meet 2 times per year, jointly with the Youth Advisory Committee.
Council shall receive written reports or minutes from this committee.
Recreation Advisory Committee Members
- Councillor Jessica Goyda
- Joanna Jefferson
- Mary Christidis
- Stephanie McCrone
- Vincent Klimkosz
Recreation Advisory Committee Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest
When a Recreation Committee member experiences a direct or indirect conflict related to an issue they are involved in, it becomes a pecuniary interest and must be disclosed.
2021 Recreation Advisory Committee Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest
There were no Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest in 2021
2022 Recreation Advisory Committee Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest
There were no Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest in 2022