The responsibilities of the Recreation Committee include:
- Acting as an advisory committee to Council on issues that affect all recreation facilities, parks, playing fields, playgrounds, programs, and the Puslinch Community Centre (including policy and fee schedules).
- Receiving and reviewing the operating and capital budget.
- Review practices and policies identified by staff and Council and make recommendations to improve the delivery of services to the public.
- Encouraging and assisting, where necessary, programs of recreation to meet the needs and interests of the community.
- Reviewing revenue and expense reports.
- The Committee shall be composed of 1 Councillor and 4 members of the public.
- A member’s term on the committee shall be concurrent with the Term of Council or until a successor is appointed.
Meetings are to be held quarterly on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. or called by the Chair as required.
Council shall receive written reports or minutes from this committee.
Recreation Committee Initiatives
Puslinch Community Newsletter
The Recreation Committee creates a monthly distribution newsletter that is posted on the Township’s website. The newsletter gives approved organizations an opportunity to share important event details/news items with the public. For more information on the purpose and eligibility criteria, please refer to the Newsletter Policy. In order to participate, organizations must fill out and submit the application form to the Township. Read the latest Community Newsletter.
Latest Community Newsletters
May Puslinch Community Newsletter
April Puslinch Community Newsletter
March Puslinch Community Newsletter
Recreation Committee Members
- Bruce Joy
- Daina Makinson
- Vince Klimkosz
- June Williams
- Councillor Jessica Goyda
Recreation Committee Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest
When a Recreation Committee member experiences a direct or indirect conflict related to an issue they are involved in, it becomes a pecuniary interest and must be disclosed.