The Nomination Period for the 2022 Municipal Election was open May 2, 2022 to August 19, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. The List of Candidates below represents all nomination received as of 2 p.m. on August 19th.
October 15, 2022 – Advanced Voting Day
October 24, 2022 – Voting Day
October 25, 2022 – Official election results declared
November 15, 2022 – New term of office commences
Offices to be Elected
- 4 Council Members at large
- 1 County Councillor – Ward 7 (County of Wellington)
- 1 Upper Grand District School Board Trustee (English Public School Board Trustee)
- 1 Wellington Catholic District School Board Trustee (English Separate School Board Trustee)
- 1 Conseil scolaire Viamonde Trustee (French Public School Board Trustee)
- 1 Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir Trustee (French Separate School Board Trustee)
Who can be a Member of Council?
To qualify to be a member of council you must meet the following criteria:
- A Canadian citizen and at least 18 years old; and,
- A resident of the Township of Puslinch OR an owner or tenant of land in the Township of Puslinch or the spouse of such non-resident owner or tenant; and,
- Eligible to vote; and,
- Will need 25 signatures on your nomination form and must pay a fee of $100.00 ($200.00 for mayor).
The following persons are disqualified from being elected to municipal office:
- Any person not eligible to vote in the municipality;
- An employee of a municipality, unless he or she takes an unpaid leave of absence before being nominated and resigned if elected to the office;
- A judge of any court;
- A member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, a Senator or a member of the House of Commons;
- An inmate of a penal or correctional institution under sentence of imprisonment; or
- A person who by reason of any violations of the election campaign financial requirements or violations for not filling the financial statements pursuant to the Municipal Elections Act, 1996.
2022 Candidate Bulletins
April 12, 2022 (Revised) – Notice of Nomination
Forms and Resources
|Form #||Form Name|
|Form 1||Nomination Paper|
|Form 2||Endorsement of Nomination|
|Form 4||Financial Statement – Auditor’s Report – Candidate Form|
|Form 5||Subsequent Expenses|
|Form 6||Notice of Extension of Campaign Period|
When encountering a problem opening PDF using a browser such as Chrome, please follow these steps to open and complete the form:
Highlight the form on the Repository, right-click to select “Save link as” to save the PDF form onto the desktop. Do not double-click the form and open it in a browser.
Open the form that you saved on the desktop with Adobe Reader. Do not double-click to open the PDF form as Adobe Reader might not be the default program to open PDFs on your computer.
Now complete the form, save the data, and close it. Then open again to see if the input data is there.
Wellington County Candidate Information Session
- 2022 Municipal Election Candidate Information Package
- 2022 Municipal Election Township of Puslinch Procedures for Vote by Mail in-Poll Voting and Vote Counting Equipment
- 2021-2023 Municipal Elections Calendar – Association of Municipal Clerks and Treasurers Ontario
- 2022 Candidates Guides – Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- How Local Government Works – Association of Municipalities of Ontario
- Lead Where You Live: A Guide on running for municipal council– MunicipalEducation.ca
- Municipal Elections Act
- The Ontario municipal councillor’s guide – Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- Township of Puslinch Sign By-law
- What’s it Like to Serve on Municipal Council? – Association of Municipalities of Ontario
- Women in Local Government– Federation of Canadian Municipalities
If you have questions regarding the election email us.