Duncan McPherson House - Digital Archive

The Digital Archive and complementary Interactive Heritage Register Map are initiatives to provide historical information regarding properties included on the Township’s Heritage Register. The Digital Archive only includes properties which have consented to include their heritage property on this archive.

We recognize that when the first Euro‐Canadian settlers arrived in what is now Puslinch Township, the Anishinaabe ancestors of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation had long established hunt camps in the area. Through written and verbal accounts we understand that the Anishinaabe interacted with the settlers in a friendly and cooperative manner. It is acknowledged that the development of the Township encroached upon their traditional way of life resulting in their displacement.

Duncan McPherson House

7201 Concession 1 Rear Gore, Lot 27 Puslinch, ON
Photo of Duncan McPherson House

Biographical Info

The Duncan McPherson House was completed around 1870 to 1885. The 1861 Census records a log house on the property, later constructed with stone. The limestone Victorian villa had an addition placed at the rear of the residence later in the 1880s. The unusual design is notable in Puslinch for the mid-1800s. The Duncan McPherson House still has the original ruby glass over the front entrance, as well as original porch and gingerbread trim. 

The property is historically associated with Scottish immigration from Inverness Shire, Clan McPherson, and the settlement of Crieff.


Duncan McPherson House - Front Facade

Duncan McPherson House - Exterior and gardens

Categories: Decade Built – 1870s, Decade Built – 1880s, Decade Plaqued – 2000s, Historical Association – Scottish/Scotland, Materials – Stone, One-and-a-half storeys, Ontario House Style, Victorian Style