The Digital Archive and complementary Interactive Heritage Register Map are initiatives to provide historical information regarding properties included on the Township’s Heritage Register. The Digital Archive only includes properties which have consented to include their heritage property on this archive.
We recognize that when the first Euro‐Canadian settlers arrived in what is now Puslinch Township, the Anishinaabe ancestors of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation had long established hunt camps in the area. Through written and verbal accounts we understand that the Anishinaabe interacted with the settlers in a friendly and cooperative manner. It is acknowledged that the development of the Township encroached upon their traditional way of life resulting in their displacement.
Puslinch Lake Hotel
The Puslinch Lake Hotel was built in 1880 on Puslinch Lake. It is constructed of wood frame with siding. Puslinch Lake was a very popular vacation spot during the nineteenth and twentieth century. The two-storey hipped roof hotel is the only surviving example of nineteenth-century resort hotel architecture, many of which once surrounded Puslinch Lake.
The Puslinch Lake Hotel is historically associated with Puslinch Lake recreation.